- Gold coast
12 Business Events in July 2014
June 20th, 2014
Your business can benefit from taking part in a huge range of educational events, whether a major conference or a two-hour workshop. Here is just a small selection of some helpful business events coming up around Australia in July:
- Intellectual Property Basics for Business, Sydney (July 1): This two-hour evening workshop will introduce first-time entrepreneurs and small businesses to basics like patents and trademarks, and how to grow your business by commercialising your intellectual property.
- Festival of Ambitious Ideas, Canberra (July 2): Questacon is the host venue for this innovation meet-up where sparks will fly in the categories of family business, clean technology, IT, social enterprises, creative industries, and young entrepreneurs. Last year’s popular Ignite format will see presenters showcase their ideas in just five minutes.
- Business Boot Camp, Queanbeyan (July 7): The first in a series of six half-day sessions over six months, this is a business gym where established businesses come to boost their organisational fitness in a group environment.
- Web Marketing and SEO, Melbourne (July 8): Search Engine Optimisation is the number one tool Australians use to find and compare businesses. Frankston City Council is running a workshop to up-skill small business in their independent SEO efforts.
- Business Basics, Perth (every Tuesday in July): These free two-hour workshops by the WA Government introduce novices to a broad-brush view of how to start a business.
- Create a Vision and Business Plan, Sydney (July 15): So many business owners do not map out a vision or know their unique selling points. Identify them in this workshop.
- Payroll Tax in QLD, Online (July 14): This 90-minute webinar will help QLD employers lodge their 2014 annual payroll tax returns, which are due on July 21.
- Sustainability: It’s Just Good Business, Melbourne (July 17): Over 70% of consumers say environmental concerns influence their purchasing choices, which means sustainable practices can attract revenue. Some can also reduce operating costs. A Small Business Victoria seminar.
- Home Business Careers, Canberra (July 21): A workshop aimed at women on low incomes who plan to return to work with a home-based business.
- Business Online via your Mobile, Hobart (July 23): A free workshop for small business owners to learn how apps, GPS and other mobile technologies can improve their business.
- Mastering Your Business, Adelaide (July 15, 22, 29): A three-workshop series that focuses on financials, marketing and selling skills.
- Free Small Business Workshop, Darwin (July 28-30): This three-day workshop covers business structures, bookkeeping basics, marketing and tax.
With so many topics to choose from, your business is bound to benefit from an event like these. For more, visit theAustralian Government’s business event calendar.