- Gold coast
22 Nights of Lights at the Santos GLNG City of Lights Festival
Back to blog homepageOctober 8th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Be ready to be dazzled this year at South Bank’s Cultural Forecourt. For three weeks in September audiences can experience the nightly magic of a brilliant laser light and special effects display at the Santos GLNG City of Lights Festival.
This year, well-known lighting designer John Rayment, creative director Tony Assness and water and laser designer Glenn Turner have teamed up to orchestrate a stunning and imaginative visual feast for audiences of all ages. With the light show in its full beauty, visitors can be wooed by dynamic performances from Strange Fruit, a live performance group that hails from Melbourne.
The sight could not be more intriguing with Strange Fruit dancing and performing circus feats aboard the Santos GLNG City of Lights barge. Behind them, the contrast of the light and laser show. Both the river and the city’s skyline are set to be engulfed in a majestic visual display.
This nightly event is absolutely free and will be broadcast from 95.3FM (CBD precinct only).
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips