- Gold coast
3 Expert Travel Tips to Save Money
Back to blog homepageMay 14th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
Larry Olmsted is a travel journalist with over 20 years experience traveling for work and leisure. In an article for Forbes, he outlined his most valuable tips for those traveling abroad:
- Use ATMs to access cash – Olmsted says that you’re better off getting money out from ATMs overseas than you are to exchange at your hotel front desk or at the airport because of the difference in the exchange rate.
- Use credit cards when possible – Check out your transaction fees and look at how much you are charged when using an ATM and how much you’ll be charged when using a credit card. Often times, your credit card will offer you the better deal, and on top of this it’s much safer than carrying cash around which you can easily lose.
- Use a local or international SIM card and also use Skype – When it comes to making calls, international roaming can be very pricey. Instead, buy a cheap phone on your arrival with a local SIM card. When it comes to calling home, use the free WiFi offered in most hotels to use Skype.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips