- Gold coast
5 Free Things to do in Sydney
Back to blog homepageNovember 22nd, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney is a beautiful city with so much to see and do. To stretch the holiday dollars a bit further, Sydney.com shared five things you can do in the city for free:
- The Sydney Harbour Bridge is free to walk across. From this prime position, you’ll have spectacular views of the city; use the opportunity to get your camera out and capture the harbour, Opera House and other Sydney landmarks forever.
- For a glimpse of Australia’s unique plant life, visit the Royal Botanical Gardens. The Gardens bring together many of the country’s plants and trees. It’s also a perfect picnic spot and the paths can be explored for hours.
- The Art Gallery of NSW is packed with international and indigenous works, whilst the building itself is spacious and offers magnificent views of the city.
- There’s always something going on in Darling Harbour, so head over there for guaranteed entertainment.
- Darling Harbour is also the location of the Australian National Maritime Museum. Free to enter, the museum explores ocean life and there are activities and experiences here that the whole family will enjoy.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips