- Gold coast
A Kid’s Guide to Brisbane’s Nautical Side
Back to blog homepageMay 23rd, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
If you have a child who just wants to be a pirate, take them to Brisbane and let them live out their nautical dreams with shipwrecks, special themed parks and more. Brisbanekids.com.au recommended these gems:
The Maritime Museum
The Queensland Maritime Museum caters for pirate wannabes every year with its Pirate Week. This takes place in June and is suitable for children aged between five and 10 years old. Any other time of the year, the museum showcases maritime exhibits from years gone by.
Lots of Brisbane’s parks are designed with mini sailors in mind. Try Captain Burke Park at Kangaroo Point, HMAS Warner Playground or the “Pirate Island” Palm Beach Parklands.
If only a real shipwreck will do, head to Moreton Island. Three ships were scuttled deliberately at Bulwer in the 1930s and kids can easily get through the shallow water for a good look.
Also in Moreton Island are the Tangalooma wrecks. These are more deliberate sinkings – fifteen of them this time – and they provide a haven for the area’s sea creatures should you fancy a snorkelling session.
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips