- Gold coast
Ancient Afghan Treasures Featured in the Queensland Museum
Back to blog homepageOctober 7th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
The Queensland Museum will play host to a collection of hidden treasures that were believed to be lost to the world. A collection of priceless artefacts from the National Museum in Kabul, Afghanistan, will be on display next month.
The artefacts were believed lost during decades of civil war and foreign invasion in Afghanistan. They turned up in 2003 in a secret vault where they had been hidden from the Soviet Red Army and the Taliban.
The artefacts were taken from sites along the Silk Road, the world’s most important trade corridor in Ancient and Medieval Times. They date from between 2200 B.C. and 200 A.D. when the Silk Road connected Ancient China and the Roman Empire. Some of the artefacts may date to the time when Alexander the Great conquered Afghanistan.
The exhibit: Afghanistan Hidden Treasures from the National Museum, Kabul, shows how important Afghanistan was to world history and the development of modern civilisation.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips