- Gold coast
Autumn in Brisbane Courtesy of Southern Queensland
Back to blog homepageMay 19th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
Autumn can be overlooked when it comes to the seasons, especially in a state renowned for having the best of the weather. In Brisbane, there are plans to give autumn the attention it deserves by turning a busy area of Brisbane into Southern Queensland for three days.
From 14 to 16 March, bustling James Street will be home to market stalls selling fresh produce and wine tastings celebrating the best of Southern Queensland. It’s all part of Southern Queensland Tourism’s campaign to recognise the changing of the season that Brisbane doesn’t really get to see, says spokesperson Mary-Claire Power. The market stalls will operate with honesty tins in the nearby laneways and street, Power explained.
The James Street precinct is also home to a number of restaurants and cafes. Some of these eateries will get involved in the festivities, incorporating Southern Queensland’s produce within their menus.
Local people are encouraged to come along and bolster the efforts to bring Southern Queensland to Brisbane during the autumn takeover this month.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips