- Gold coast
Autumn in Brisbane Courtesy of Southern Queensland
Back to blog homepageMay 19th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
Autumn can be overlooked when it comes to the seasons, especially in a state renowned for having the best of the weather. In Brisbane, there are plans to give autumn the attention it deserves by turning a busy area of Brisbane into Southern Queensland for three days.
From 14 to 16 March, bustling James Street will be home to market stalls selling fresh produce and wine tastings celebrating the best of Southern Queensland. It’s all part of Southern Queensland Tourism’s campaign to recognise the changing of the season that Brisbane doesn’t really get to see, says spokesperson Mary-Claire Power. The market stalls will operate with honesty tins in the nearby laneways and street, Power explained.
The James Street precinct is also home to a number of restaurants and cafes. Some of these eateries will get involved in the festivities, incorporating Southern Queensland’s produce within their menus.
Local people are encouraged to come along and bolster the efforts to bring Southern Queensland to Brisbane during the autumn takeover this month.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips