- Gold coast
Brisbane Airport Numbers Rise
Back to blog homepageFebruary 26th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
An article on travelweekly.com.au in January reported that passenger numbers through Brisbane Airport increased dramatically last year, and are set to increase even more in 2014.
The Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) attributes the rise in part to the efforts being made by Queensland state, local governments and various business groups to attract more local and international visitors to the area.
Major events in 2013 helped boost visitor numbers, and it is hoped that those in 2014 will do the same. These include the G20 Summit in Brisbane and the Australian Tourism Exchange in Cairns.
The number of people passing through Brisbane Airport in 2013 was a record at 21.8 million, up by 1.4% on the previous year.
The biggest increase was in international passenger numbers, which were up by 4.8% last year, compared with domestic numbers which only rose by 0.6%.
International airlines that have committed to additional capacity and offered reduced airfares is also believed to have contributed to the increase in passenger numbers.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips