- Gold coast
Brisbane Airport Numbers Rise
Back to blog homepageFebruary 26th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
An article on travelweekly.com.au in January reported that passenger numbers through Brisbane Airport increased dramatically last year, and are set to increase even more in 2014.
The Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) attributes the rise in part to the efforts being made by Queensland state, local governments and various business groups to attract more local and international visitors to the area.
Major events in 2013 helped boost visitor numbers, and it is hoped that those in 2014 will do the same. These include the G20 Summit in Brisbane and the Australian Tourism Exchange in Cairns.
The number of people passing through Brisbane Airport in 2013 was a record at 21.8 million, up by 1.4% on the previous year.
The biggest increase was in international passenger numbers, which were up by 4.8% last year, compared with domestic numbers which only rose by 0.6%.
International airlines that have committed to additional capacity and offered reduced airfares is also believed to have contributed to the increase in passenger numbers.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips