- Gold coast
Brisbane Lights Up for G20 Summit
Back to blog homepageJune 12th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
A dazzling light display will illuminate Brisbane’s buildings when thousands of delegates and media converge on the Queensland capital for the G20 summit in November.
State premier Campbell Newman said the arts and culture will be a key plank of the city’s promotion during this globally important meeting.
The light show will run for 17 nights leading up to the summit opening on November 15, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Not only can people enjoy the spectacle, they can even interact with the colours on the buildings, said creative director Jono Perry. Perry designed last year’s City of Lights display during the Brisbane Festival.
He said he hoped people would ask “What colour is Brisbane tonight?”.
Buildings across the city will carry the lights, including Parliament House.
Community-based celebrations will take place not just in the city but throughout the suburbs, said Arts Minister Ian Walker.
Cairns will figure in cultural celebrations too, when the G20 finance ministers meet there in September.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips