- Gold coast
Brisbane Pilots Program to Encouraging Dining Out in Winter
Back to blog homepageAugust 28th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Brisbane Marketing launched a pilot program in July of this year to encourage more residents to dine out instead of eating at home during the winter months. The ‘Dine out in the City’ program saw around 30 restaurants get involved in the program and many residents opted to visit a local favourite or try a new restaurant during that time.
Top restaurants such as Cha Cha Char, Moda and Aria were involved in the 16-day program. Matt Moran, renowned chef and participant in the program, stated that Brisbane restaurants received the most awards in the entire state. His two-hatted restaurant Aria featured a ‘great value winter wonders lunch’ and early bird specials.
Lord Mayor Graham Quirk referred to Queensland’s role as Australia’s major food bowl during the colder seasons. He added that Brisbane enjoyed some of the freshest produce available in the world, with food being sourced from places such as Moreton Bay, Lockyer Valley, Buderim, Stanthorpe and Kilcoy.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips