- Gold coast
Brisbane Tennis International Draws Record Crowds
Back to blog homepageJanuary 14th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
This year’s Brisbane Tennis International attracted more than 105,000 people during the eight day tournament.
Queensland Minister for Tourism Jann Stuckey said that this year’s success had cemented the tournament’s reputation as a premier event on the global tennis scene.
Lleyton Hewitt and Serena Williams took out the men’s and women’s titles during the event, and other big name players in attendance included Roger Federer and Victoria Azarenka.
Stuckey told reporters that the Brisbane International is just the first of a number of exciting events planned for Brisbane in 2014, including the Channel 7 Brisbane Racing Carnival, the annual Brisbane Festival and the much anticipated début performance of the American Ballet.
The Queensland Government has thrown its weight behind the Brisbane Tennis International, now in its fourth year, as part of its commitment to increasing overnight visitor expenditure in Queensland to $30 billion a year by 2020. Stuckey said she was looking forward to yet another successful Brisbane International next year.
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips