- Gold coast
Brisbane Tennis International Draws Record Crowds
Back to blog homepageJanuary 14th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
This year’s Brisbane Tennis International attracted more than 105,000 people during the eight day tournament.
Queensland Minister for Tourism Jann Stuckey said that this year’s success had cemented the tournament’s reputation as a premier event on the global tennis scene.
Lleyton Hewitt and Serena Williams took out the men’s and women’s titles during the event, and other big name players in attendance included Roger Federer and Victoria Azarenka.
Stuckey told reporters that the Brisbane International is just the first of a number of exciting events planned for Brisbane in 2014, including the Channel 7 Brisbane Racing Carnival, the annual Brisbane Festival and the much anticipated début performance of the American Ballet.
The Queensland Government has thrown its weight behind the Brisbane Tennis International, now in its fourth year, as part of its commitment to increasing overnight visitor expenditure in Queensland to $30 billion a year by 2020. Stuckey said she was looking forward to yet another successful Brisbane International next year.
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Spoil Someone Special
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation 2016
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips