- Gold coast
Business Travel Mistakes to Avoid
Back to blog homepageMarch 9th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
According to an article on mainstreet.com, there are some major pitfalls to avoid when travelling on business. These include:
- Never fly anything other than non-stop – If you do, you double the likelihood of encountering delays and cancellations.
- Never check your bag – This increases the likelihood of delays and it could be lost by the airline. You can comfortably carry everything you need for a business trip in one carry-on bag.
- Always know where you are going before you get there. Use a map or a location app to know where your meeting is being held and how long it will take you to get there.
- Don’t run up big expenses on your company credit card. If you do it regularly, you’ll get a reputation for it, and it won’t do anything for your promotion prospects.
- Don’t put negative comments on Twitter or Facebook about your accommodation or current location. Local business people may see them and this could make doing business awkward in the future.
- Don’t forget to look around and smell the roses – This means getting out and sampling something of the local culture once the business aspect of your trip is over.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips