- Gold coast
Celebrating Mum’s & Raising Money For Charity with the 2014 Mother’s Day Classic
Back to blog homepageJune 18th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
The Mother’s Day Classic is held every year on the second sunday in May. It’s a yearly fun run that encourages the community to raise funds for charity, while enjoying a fun day out with mum. This event is held right across the country in all major cities and in a number of regional locations too.
With 12,000 participants last year, the Mother’s Day Classic Brisbane event is the largest fun run event of it’s type in the country.
Weekend Notes outlined a few important details about the day’s events for those who are thinking about getting involved this year:
- There are different ways to get involved. You can run solo or join a team of friends or even create an online team.
- There are two distances, 4.5km or 8km and you can run or walk the distance.
- Both distance fun runs begin and end at the Cultural Forecourt at South Bank Parklands.
- For an ideal Mother’s Day, take your mum to the classic for a walk or jog then head for morning tea or brunch at one of the local cafes.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips