- Gold coast
Check Out the Markets by the Beach at Surfers Paradise
Back to blog homepageJune 24th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
All-year-round weather, the ocean waves, and that fresh sea air make evening strolls a popular Gold Coast activity, especially when you can call in to the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets!
Stretching north and south along The Esplanade from the heart of Surfers at Cavill Mall, the markets take the shopping out of Surfers Paradise’s well-known arcades and into the street every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night.
More than 100 stallholders offer up all kinds of locally made wares from jewellery to stylish homewares and accessories.
This is the place to pick up a souvenir of your sunny Gold Coast holiday – perhaps a colourful artwork by a Queensland artist, or an evocative framed photograph of the Gold Coast’s beautiful rainforests or beaches.
The markets open at 4pm (good for a pre-dinner walk as the sun sets) and run until 9pm in the mild winter from May to August. They open from 5pm to 10pm the rest of the year.
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation
- Your Relaxing Sydney Long Weekend, Sorted
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Opening Soon
- 48 Hours on the Gold Coast: An Activity Guide
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Book a Serviced Apartment Over a Hotel
- Meriton Maintaining Standards
- A Stress-Free Guide to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips