- Gold coast
Discover Sydney’s Secret Green Spaces
Back to blog homepageOctober 1st, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
They might not be on the list of top ten attractions, but that may be because these gardens are best kept a secret. Take a walk around some of Sydney’s hidden gardens, beginning in Paddington.
Paddington’s sunken garden used to be a reservoir, then a petrol station, according to news.com.au. Now a stunning haven just across from the imposing town hall, the gardens are best enjoyed with the help of a deckchair – supplied – and time to relax amongst the original reservoir features.
Cross the Sydney Harbour Bridge for two more hidden gardens. The first, Wendy Whiteley’s Secret Garden, can be found just below Clark Park at Lavender Bay. Have a picnic at one of the tables and a walk round to see the sculptures before heading round the harbour to Cremorne Point and the final stop. Lex and Ruby Graham’s lush beds and paths are now carefully maintained by volunteers and the council.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips