- Gold coast
Do You Know these Business Dining Etiquette Rules?
Back to blog homepageJune 16th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
Many businesspeople will meet with their client over a meal and a glass of wine. While this is a wonderful way to do business, it’s important that you take note of some important dining etiquette rules that could make the difference between landing that deal or not.
Business Insider talked to Good Manners author Anna Musson and Margo Ammit, who is a senior tutor from June Dally-Watkins for some expert advice:
- Ladies should not lean, you are either sitting or standing.
- Do not get drunk.
- Do not swear.
- If you’ve invited the person to the meeting, you pay.
- Never begin talking business until the main course has arrived at the table.
- Certain topics should be avoided at the table, including politics, age and weight as well as sexual preferences.
Of course, all of these tips can be used or one can choose to ignore them. Regardless, if you are meeting with someone who sees manners as an important asset, it might be in your best interest to heed at least a few items from the list!
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips