- Gold coast
Do You Know these Business Dining Etiquette Rules?
Back to blog homepageJune 16th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
Many businesspeople will meet with their client over a meal and a glass of wine. While this is a wonderful way to do business, it’s important that you take note of some important dining etiquette rules that could make the difference between landing that deal or not.
Business Insider talked to Good Manners author Anna Musson and Margo Ammit, who is a senior tutor from June Dally-Watkins for some expert advice:
- Ladies should not lean, you are either sitting or standing.
- Do not get drunk.
- Do not swear.
- If you’ve invited the person to the meeting, you pay.
- Never begin talking business until the main course has arrived at the table.
- Certain topics should be avoided at the table, including politics, age and weight as well as sexual preferences.
Of course, all of these tips can be used or one can choose to ignore them. Regardless, if you are meeting with someone who sees manners as an important asset, it might be in your best interest to heed at least a few items from the list!
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips