- Gold coast
Escape to Brisbane this Winter
Back to blog homepageAugust 7th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Brisbane is synonymous with sunshine, beaches and summer fun. But Brisbane is not a one trick pony and can provide you with plenty to do during the winter months.
If you’re planning a Queensland escape, here are a few things to keep you busy during your Brisbane holiday this winter:
The winter months are prime time for whale watching. For a good vantage point, head on out to Stradbroke on Brisbane’s coast and enjoy the view – you can even hire a pair of binoculars.
Running from June until late September at the Queensland Art Gallery is ‘Quilts 1700-1945’. The exhibition is a collection of British quilts and tapestry, each of which tell their own unique story.
A Taste of Mexico
If you are a fan of Mexican food and drink then Chilliwow might be the place for you. Located in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, this brightly coloured cantina, which boasts imported Mexicans drinks and authentic food, will transport both you and your taste buds down (up) Mexico way.
- Catch These Bright Sparks at Vivid Sydney 2017
- Adjusting from New Zealand to the Sunny Gold Coast
- Are You Ready for the Sydney Easter Show?
- Celebrating World Science in Brisbane
- Prepare Your Senses for Taste of Sydney
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Planning Your Easter Holiday Adventure
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips