- Gold coast
Escape to Brisbane this Winter
Back to blog homepageAugust 7th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Brisbane is synonymous with sunshine, beaches and summer fun. But Brisbane is not a one trick pony and can provide you with plenty to do during the winter months.
If you’re planning a Queensland escape, here are a few things to keep you busy during your Brisbane holiday this winter:
The winter months are prime time for whale watching. For a good vantage point, head on out to Stradbroke on Brisbane’s coast and enjoy the view – you can even hire a pair of binoculars.
Running from June until late September at the Queensland Art Gallery is ‘Quilts 1700-1945’. The exhibition is a collection of British quilts and tapestry, each of which tell their own unique story.
A Taste of Mexico
If you are a fan of Mexican food and drink then Chilliwow might be the place for you. Located in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, this brightly coloured cantina, which boasts imported Mexicans drinks and authentic food, will transport both you and your taste buds down (up) Mexico way.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips