- Gold coast
Favourite Ways to Stay Cool this Summer
January 15th, 2014
Strawberries are one of Australia’s favourite foods for cooling off this summer, and now there’s a study to prove it.
A survey by the SilverNeedle Hospitality group, as part of its Cool Summer campaign, asked Aussies to rate their favourite ways of staying cool this summer.
The most popular way to beat the heat was taking a dip in the swimming pool and the best cool day out was a trip to the beach, rather than visiting a water park or the zoo.
The Gold Coast took out the honours for best summer getaway, with almost 46% of the vote. It was closely followed by Noosa. Not surprisingly, Alice Springs was not in the running, with less than 3% of the vote.
Based on the survey, Australians voted for strawberries over a glass of fresh lemonade when it came to food and drinks to keep you refreshed in the summer heat.
- What’s On In Brisbane – Brisbane Festival 2015
- What’s On In Sydney – Blackmore’s Sydney Running Festival
- Glitter Festival 2015 – On The Gold Coast
- The Brisbane Times Good Food Awards Winners
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- Sydney Walks with Amazing Views
- A Guide to Ekka: The Royal Queensland Show
- Sydney Food Markets: Where are the Top 10?
- Gold Coast Sporting Events this August
- A Guide to Scenic Waterfalls Near Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- The Road Less Travelled: Queensland’s Best Kept Secret Spots
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Sydney’s Beach Gems
- World Heritage Sites in Australia & New Zealand
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips