- Gold coast
Finding Street Art in the Rocks
Back to blog homepageAugust 4th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Street art is very prevalent around The Rocks but some of the art may be hidden from view. And when it comes to street art, half the fun is discovering these intriguing pieces.
The Mural is located on George Street in The Rocks. It is a recreated view of Brown Bear Lane, which later became Little Essex Street. Just a little further on George Street is a large portrait of Jack Mundey, an environmentalist. The portrait is cleverly split between the stairs and the brick wall behind. This stunning piece can be found on the stairs on Globe Street.
But a real hidden gem can be found behind The Rocks Discovery Museum. Another piece titled ‘The Mural’, it shows how The Rocks has looked at different times in history.
Another artwork that is easy to miss is the Suez Canal Caricatures. They are life-size replicas of people who frequented the area in the late 19th century, mainly drug addicts, prostitutes and people involved in slavery.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips