- Gold coast
Flying from the UK to Australia
Back to blog homepageNovember 2nd, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
The cost of travelling to Australia from the UK varies enormously according to the time of year.
To secure a lower fare, The Independent advised travelling from April (after Easter) to mid-June. More affordable fares are available between September and early December too, whilst mid-January up until Easter is also a good time to travel.
The UK summer months of July and August attract higher fares. However, at Christmas and New Year travellers can expect to be hit the hardest, with flights costing much more if you hope to see the New Year fireworks in Oz or spend Christmas on the beach.
There are no non-stop flights between the UK and Australia. Travelling by air will involve a change of planes and/or stopover somewhere en route. Flying between Australian cities via domestic airlines is also recommended once you arrive, as the distances involved are quite considerable and can take up days of your holiday if you choose to travel by car, bus or train.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips