- Gold coast
Giant Pink Rabbits at the Brisbane Festival
Back to blog homepageOctober 7th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Visitors to Brisbane will notice something very unusual at this year’s Festival – lots of giant pink polyurethane rabbit sculptures. The sculptures are the signature public art installation for this year’s Brisbane Festival.
They were created by Perth artist Stormie Mills, who will be placing them at secret locations around the city. Nobody knows where the rabbits will be placed except Stormie and his crew. The idea is to add a sense of playful surprise to the festival.
Once the rabbits are up it is going to be hard not to notice them – each sculpture is at least six metres tall. Despite their size, the sculptures are cute and non-threatening.
Giant Toys in the Streets
Mills compared his creations to giant toys and admitted they have little or no meaning. Instead he hopes that everybody will see something different in each of the sculptures.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips