- Gold coast
Giant Pink Rabbits at the Brisbane Festival
Back to blog homepageOctober 7th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Visitors to Brisbane will notice something very unusual at this year’s Festival – lots of giant pink polyurethane rabbit sculptures. The sculptures are the signature public art installation for this year’s Brisbane Festival.
They were created by Perth artist Stormie Mills, who will be placing them at secret locations around the city. Nobody knows where the rabbits will be placed except Stormie and his crew. The idea is to add a sense of playful surprise to the festival.
Once the rabbits are up it is going to be hard not to notice them – each sculpture is at least six metres tall. Despite their size, the sculptures are cute and non-threatening.
Giant Toys in the Streets
Mills compared his creations to giant toys and admitted they have little or no meaning. Instead he hopes that everybody will see something different in each of the sculptures.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips