- Gold coast
Giant Pink Rabbits at the Brisbane Festival
Back to blog homepageOctober 7th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Visitors to Brisbane will notice something very unusual at this year’s Festival – lots of giant pink polyurethane rabbit sculptures. The sculptures are the signature public art installation for this year’s Brisbane Festival.
They were created by Perth artist Stormie Mills, who will be placing them at secret locations around the city. Nobody knows where the rabbits will be placed except Stormie and his crew. The idea is to add a sense of playful surprise to the festival.
Once the rabbits are up it is going to be hard not to notice them – each sculpture is at least six metres tall. Despite their size, the sculptures are cute and non-threatening.
Giant Toys in the Streets
Mills compared his creations to giant toys and admitted they have little or no meaning. Instead he hopes that everybody will see something different in each of the sculptures.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips