- Gold coast
Grand plans for Gold Coast waterways
Back to blog homepageSeptember 30th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
The Gold Coast is already renowned for its beaches. Now its waterways are expected to benefit from a $32 million investment over four years.
The work is part of a ten-year strategy, which has been developed by Gold Coast Waterways Authority. The aim is to bring in more visitors attracted by the area’s waterways and canals. The plan includes new ferry services and a jetty for recreational users, according to Fishing Boating World.
Hal Morris is the head of Gold Coast Waterways Authority. Morris explains that the beaches are not the only feature of the Gold Coast worth promoting, adding that he believes there is potential to do more with the waterways.
The $32 million will come from State Government and will be used to work on the waterways and canals over the next four years. This will include dredging work, where sand is lifted from the ocean bed (by the Waterways Authority) and moved to where it is needed (by the City Council).
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips