- Gold coast
How Brisbane has Rebuilt Itself
Back to blog homepageDecember 11th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Brisbane was once used primarily by travellers who needed its airport to get to somewhere else. Now it has become a destination in its own right.
Brisbane’s South Bank has been the focus of a huge regeneration project that has seen the city gain its own identity with a diverse range of attractions for tourists and locals alike.
The waterfront is lush, low rise and full of surprises: picnic sites, stages and even a man-made beach. Around this most social of spaces is a wealth of cultural buildings: art galleries, a maritime museum and the state library.
To get around Brisbane, the council runs a free ferry service as well as a bike hire scheme.
The new Brisbane is an ideal destination for a girls’ weekend, says the New Zealand Herald. It also recommends the Virtual Reef at Queensland University of Technology as an essential experience. It’s worth checking out the Flood Wall too, which illustrates the events of 2011 and shows just how the city’s residents rallied to get their beloved Brisbane back up and running following the devastating floods.
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation
- Your Relaxing Sydney Long Weekend, Sorted
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Opening Soon
- 48 Hours on the Gold Coast: An Activity Guide
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Book a Serviced Apartment Over a Hotel
- Meriton Maintaining Standards
- A Stress-Free Guide to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips