- Gold coast
How Brisbane has Rebuilt Itself
Back to blog homepageDecember 11th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Brisbane was once used primarily by travellers who needed its airport to get to somewhere else. Now it has become a destination in its own right.
Brisbane’s South Bank has been the focus of a huge regeneration project that has seen the city gain its own identity with a diverse range of attractions for tourists and locals alike.
The waterfront is lush, low rise and full of surprises: picnic sites, stages and even a man-made beach. Around this most social of spaces is a wealth of cultural buildings: art galleries, a maritime museum and the state library.
To get around Brisbane, the council runs a free ferry service as well as a bike hire scheme.
The new Brisbane is an ideal destination for a girls’ weekend, says the New Zealand Herald. It also recommends the Virtual Reef at Queensland University of Technology as an essential experience. It’s worth checking out the Flood Wall too, which illustrates the events of 2011 and shows just how the city’s residents rallied to get their beloved Brisbane back up and running following the devastating floods.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips