- Gold coast
How to Get the Best View in Sydney
Back to blog homepageNovember 6th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
When planning a holiday in Sydney, a harbour view is at the top of most people’s hotel wish list. But this often comes with a hefty price tag. To secure a spectacular view of the harbour without blowing the budget, heraldsun.com.au suggests choosing an island for your base. More specifically, Sydney Harbour’s Cockatoo Island.
Located at the meeting point of two rivers, Cockatoo Island has some of the best views of Sydney. There are various area around the island that allow visitors to take a load of, spread out the picnic blanket and have a barbeque, all while taking in the spectacular views.
The island itself is fun to explore. Although small, lots of buildings have been packed onto it, many with interesting histories. Audio tours are available to rent, which provide visitors with information about various aspects of the island’s heritage.
Ferries to Cockatoo Island run from Circular Quay. The island also has mooring spots for kayaks and yachts.
- The Best Accommodation Spots for Vivid Sydney 2017
- New Zealand, Take Advantage of Cheap Flights to Sydney
- Your Guide to Gold Coast Surfing Spots
- Catch These Bright Sparks at Vivid Sydney 2017
- Adjusting from New Zealand to the Sunny Gold Coast
- Are You Ready for the Sydney Easter Show?
- Celebrating World Science in Brisbane
- Prepare Your Senses for Taste of Sydney
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Planning Your Easter Holiday Adventure
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips