- Gold coast
How to Get the Best View in Sydney
Back to blog homepageNovember 6th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
When planning a holiday in Sydney, a harbour view is at the top of most people’s hotel wish list. But this often comes with a hefty price tag. To secure a spectacular view of the harbour without blowing the budget, heraldsun.com.au suggests choosing an island for your base. More specifically, Sydney Harbour’s Cockatoo Island.
Located at the meeting point of two rivers, Cockatoo Island has some of the best views of Sydney. There are various area around the island that allow visitors to take a load of, spread out the picnic blanket and have a barbeque, all while taking in the spectacular views.
The island itself is fun to explore. Although small, lots of buildings have been packed onto it, many with interesting histories. Audio tours are available to rent, which provide visitors with information about various aspects of the island’s heritage.
Ferries to Cockatoo Island run from Circular Quay. The island also has mooring spots for kayaks and yachts.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips