- Gold coast
How to Save Money on Travel
Back to blog homepageMarch 6th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
There are plenty of ways to save money on travel, according to an article on smh.com.au. Here are just a handful of the best:
- Book your holiday when the Aussie dollar is high to avoid paying more overseas.
- If breakfast isn’t included with your room, eat out at a local café as it will normally be cheaper than a hotel breakfast.
- Avoid duty-free purchases at the airport unless you know the normal price back home of the item you are buying is more.
- Travel in the off-peak season if you can. You’ll avoid the crowds and pay less for everything.
- Book a package holiday. Packages are usually cheaper because travel agents buy in bulk at lower prices.
- Get an apartment rather than a hotel room. You’ll save money on everything, including meals.
- When shopping, avoid locals offering to guide you. Shop alone and always haggle for a bargain.
- Make lunch the main meal of the day, as restaurants charge more for dinner.
- Go on a cruise – This is one of the most cost-effective holidays of all, as your accommodation, meals and entertainment are all included.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips