- Gold coast
How to Save Money on Travel
Back to blog homepageMarch 6th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
There are plenty of ways to save money on travel, according to an article on smh.com.au. Here are just a handful of the best:
- Book your holiday when the Aussie dollar is high to avoid paying more overseas.
- If breakfast isn’t included with your room, eat out at a local café as it will normally be cheaper than a hotel breakfast.
- Avoid duty-free purchases at the airport unless you know the normal price back home of the item you are buying is more.
- Travel in the off-peak season if you can. You’ll avoid the crowds and pay less for everything.
- Book a package holiday. Packages are usually cheaper because travel agents buy in bulk at lower prices.
- Get an apartment rather than a hotel room. You’ll save money on everything, including meals.
- When shopping, avoid locals offering to guide you. Shop alone and always haggle for a bargain.
- Make lunch the main meal of the day, as restaurants charge more for dinner.
- Go on a cruise – This is one of the most cost-effective holidays of all, as your accommodation, meals and entertainment are all included.
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Spoil Someone Special
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation 2016
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips