- Gold coast
Men Are Out As Women Choose To Fly Solo
Back to blog homepageNovember 9th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Women are increasingly choosing to do their travelling without men, for a number of reasons.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, it’s not just single women hitting the travel agent alone. Although relationship break-ups are one of the reasons for travelling solo, women with partners and families are also choosing to get away from it all, citing a desire for “me-time”. Other reasons include widowhood or divorce, health improvement, the pursuit of a passion and businesswomen seeking a break from long hours and a demanding workload.
The destinations are as varied as the motivation, with some women opting for adventure whilst others want a shopping break without feeling obliged to accommodate partners or children. Spa breaks are popular with women, as are all-women retreats and trips with the option to be alone or mix with other women.
For inspiration and information about travelling alone, try the following blogs and websites:
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips