- Gold coast
North Stradbroke Island Day Tripping
Back to blog homepageJune 18th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
North Stradbroke Island is a stunning place to spend the day. According to Timeout, it’s not just about admiring the quiet, unspoiled beaches either. Here is a great list of what else to enjoy when you want an amazing day trip out of Brisbane:
- Migrating humpback whales – From June to November you can spot humpback whales from Point Lookout. There’s also Amity Point which is known for it’s friendly dolphins and pelicans.
- North Stradbroke Island Historical Museum – This is a great little museum that covers everything from Aboriginal history in the area to shipwrecks and convict settlement.
- Enjoy fresh seafood for lunch – There is some seriously delicious local and fresh seafood to be enjoyed here. Try Whales Way if you want something a little upmarket, or if you are after the best fish and chips you’ll ever have, go to Fishes at the Point.
- Go snorkeling or scuba diving – Manta Bommie is considered one of the top 10 diving sites in the country. You can see everything here from manta rays to turtles, leopard sharks, wobbegong and loads of stunning coral and fish.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips