- Gold coast
Planning for a Successful Family Road Trip
Back to blog homepageDecember 24th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Road trips are a great family activity, but it pays to plan ahead to ensure the most relaxing ride for everyone. According to Travel + Leisure, author Jamie Jensen’s top tips for a smooth road trip include:
- Get children involved in planning the route or destination. Include points of interest for them such as places they can play their favourite sport – don’t forget to pack the sports equipment too.
- Make the car a comfortable haven for the trip. Lose all the clutter that has accumulated and throw in comfy cushions and blankets as well as entertainment for the journey.
- Make regular stops throughout the day and use the opportunity to speak to people and stretch your legs.
- Don’t feel bound by the itinerary; it’s okay to go off-plan if something looks interesting or fun.
- Insert some educational value into the trip by encouraging children to write about their experiences on the road as you travel.
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation
- Your Relaxing Sydney Long Weekend, Sorted
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Opening Soon
- 48 Hours on the Gold Coast: An Activity Guide
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Book a Serviced Apartment Over a Hotel
- Meriton Maintaining Standards
- A Stress-Free Guide to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast
- A Guide to Brisbane’s Best Architecture
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips