- Gold coast
Popular Australian Beaches to Hit during the UKs Autumn
October 5th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Australia has long been known as a beach bum’s paradise. It’s particularly attractive to inhabitants of the Northern Hemisphere during their winter.
Here are five great Aussie beaches to check out in the autumn:
- 75 Mile Beach on Queensland’s Fraser Island. The world’s largest sand island offers a fine sandy beach and swimming in a freshwater lake.
- Burleigh Heads Beach on Queensland’s Gold Coast. One of the few beaches on the Gold Coast not overrun with tourists. It’s also really convenient because it’s located right next to a major highway.
- Cottlestoe Beach in Perth. A wonderful beach in a city that’s famous for pub crawling. One of the beach’s most attractive features is the large number of beachside pubs.
- Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsunday Islands. This soft sand beach is famous because it is cool to sit on during the day.
- Bronte Beach. This legendary retreat is famous for its rock wading pool. It’s also right in the middle of Sydney’s eastern suburbs, so it’s a perfect place to relax on a business trip down under.