- Gold coast
A Quick Guide to Backpacking
Back to blog homepageOctober 5th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
There is far more to backpacking than sleeping in a tent and cooking over a fire. Backpacking can be as great of an adventure as any other kind of holiday and it is an affordable alternative as well.
Backpackers in Australia can enjoy the surf on the Gold Coast, snorkelling at the Great Barrier reef, swimming with saltwater crocodiles at Crocosaurus Cove in Darwin, and diving at HMAS Adelaide. A warship recently scuttled off Avoca beach to create an artificial reef in New South Wales for those who are interested in a bit of adventure.
Backpacking can be combined with fine dining in Brisbane, coffee shops in Melbourne and trips to the popular theme parks on the Gold Coast. Check out Dreamworld this year on September 13th as it plans to open Australia’s first zombie themed haunted house – Kevil Hill. If you want to see unique wildlife, drop in at Sea World to see the new polar bear cub scheduled to make his debut next month.
- Catch These Bright Sparks at Vivid Sydney 2017
- Adjusting from New Zealand to the Sunny Gold Coast
- Are You Ready for the Sydney Easter Show?
- Celebrating World Science in Brisbane
- Prepare Your Senses for Taste of Sydney
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Planning Your Easter Holiday Adventure
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips