- Gold coast
A Quick Guide to Backpacking
Back to blog homepageOctober 5th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
There is far more to backpacking than sleeping in a tent and cooking over a fire. Backpacking can be as great of an adventure as any other kind of holiday and it is an affordable alternative as well.
Backpackers in Australia can enjoy the surf on the Gold Coast, snorkelling at the Great Barrier reef, swimming with saltwater crocodiles at Crocosaurus Cove in Darwin, and diving at HMAS Adelaide. A warship recently scuttled off Avoca beach to create an artificial reef in New South Wales for those who are interested in a bit of adventure.
Backpacking can be combined with fine dining in Brisbane, coffee shops in Melbourne and trips to the popular theme parks on the Gold Coast. Check out Dreamworld this year on September 13th as it plans to open Australia’s first zombie themed haunted house – Kevil Hill. If you want to see unique wildlife, drop in at Sea World to see the new polar bear cub scheduled to make his debut next month.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips