- Gold coast
Recreational Fishing in Australia
Back to blog homepageJanuary 5th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
When you mention Australia’s Gold Coast, the first thoughts people have are of swimming, surfing, and gorgeous beaches. But the Gold Coast offers another popular draw: fabulous fishing opportunities. Visitors can rent a boat and head out on their own fishing holiday to explore the stunning scenery along the way and try their hands at landing some fantastic catches.
Hiring a houseboat is a popular choice as it provides lodging, transportation, fishing opportunities, and even a place to prepare your meals. You will be able to cast and troll along the way. There are great catches to be made 24/7; many realise that night can be the best time to fish.
The best part is connecting the sparkling lights of other boats to make new friends. Meet new people, share your fishing stories, and enjoy your time together along the Gold Coast.
One more thing to keep in mind: have some plans for the incredible fish you’re sure to catch!
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips