- Gold coast
Sand Sculpting Championships in Surfers Paradise
February 28th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
An article on visitgoldcoast.com recently reported that the Australian Sand Sculpting Championships are coming to the Surfers Paradise foreshore again, and this year’s theme is ‘Myths, Legends and Fairy Tales’.
From Friday February 14th to Sunday February 16th, Australia’s best sand sculptors will battle it out to produce the most stunning creation of fable and fantasy, using an incredible 180 tonnes of sand.
There’ll be lots of family activities surrounding the event, including free sand sculpting workshops every hour from 10am till 5pm, plus sand art and sand bottle making classes for a small fee.
Once completed, the sand creations will be on display on the Surfers Paradise foreshore and everyone is welcome to vote in the Peoples’ Choice Awards.
Then, the following Thursday to Sunday, don’t miss the main event, Australia vs the World, where two teams will battle it out over four days to produce the best sand sculpture for 2014.
Past years’ themes have included ‘Pirates’ and ‘Sand Safari’, and this year’s Australian Sand Sculpting Championships are expected to be the biggest and sandiest event yet.
- 3 Unmissable December Events in Sydney
- How to Plan a Last Minute Christmas Getaway
- 10 Tips to Stay On Budget This Christmas
- Join the Brisbane Zombie Walk This November for Charity
- Meriton Festival Village 2016
- Recommended Venues in Sydney for the Melbourne Cup 2015
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- The Good Food and Wine Show in Brisbane 2015
- Sculpture by the Sea Comes to Bondi this October
- Meriton Opens First Hotel in Sydney’s North
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- The Road Less Travelled: Queensland’s Best Kept Secret Spots
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips