- Gold coast
Seeing the Other Side of Sydney
Back to blog homepageNovember 13th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney’s metropolitan centre belies its hidden wilderness not so far away. For a taste of the bush without leaving the state capital, the New York Times suggests walking Sydney’s coastal trails, one of which is the Spit Walk.
Just a few kilometres from the central business district, the Spit Walk runs from the Spit Bridge in Mosman to Manly town (and vice versa). A guided tour of the area with Sydney Coast Walks begins with a water taxi to the walk’s starting point. The knowledgable guide will tell you about the plants and wildlife around you and even provide a picnic lunch at a suitably picturesque spot amongst the houses, trails, bush and beaches. The tour ends with a ferry ride back to Sydney.
This year, Sydney Harbour was given the accolade of National Landscape, joining other Australian wonders such as the Great Barrier Reef and the Red Centre. The National Landscapes program has been running since 2006 and highlights some of Australia’s most noteworthy wild places.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips