- Gold coast
Small Bars in Sydney: Mary’s in Newton
Back to blog homepageAugust 26th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
A new small bar has opened on Mary Street in Newtown. The site was formerly home to a Masonic Hall, a Greek club and a pool hall. Writer Myffy Rigby found the atmospheric bar to be more of a micro-tavern. The decor features blackboard walls, dark wooden furniture and light shades created from Jack Daniels bottles.
The bar offers bottled craft beers such as Moo Brew, Young Henry’s and Mountain Goat. Resch’s, Carlton Draught, Carlton Black and Young Henry’s Cider are some of the beers that are available on tap. There are also French and American wines with some biodynamic labels.
The cocktail list is impressive. There are Malibu Daiquiris, a Dirty Old Bastard with rye and Campari, and a Puritan with gin and yellow Chartreuse. But Mary’s serves more than alcoholic beverages.
Luke Powell, formerly of Tetsuya’s, is in charge of the kitchen, which Rigby said is the best burger in town, as well as excellent fried chicken.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips