- Gold coast
Small Bars in Sydney: Mary’s in Newton
Back to blog homepageAugust 26th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
A new small bar has opened on Mary Street in Newtown. The site was formerly home to a Masonic Hall, a Greek club and a pool hall. Writer Myffy Rigby found the atmospheric bar to be more of a micro-tavern. The decor features blackboard walls, dark wooden furniture and light shades created from Jack Daniels bottles.
The bar offers bottled craft beers such as Moo Brew, Young Henry’s and Mountain Goat. Resch’s, Carlton Draught, Carlton Black and Young Henry’s Cider are some of the beers that are available on tap. There are also French and American wines with some biodynamic labels.
The cocktail list is impressive. There are Malibu Daiquiris, a Dirty Old Bastard with rye and Campari, and a Puritan with gin and yellow Chartreuse. But Mary’s serves more than alcoholic beverages.
Luke Powell, formerly of Tetsuya’s, is in charge of the kitchen, which Rigby said is the best burger in town, as well as excellent fried chicken.
- Are You Ready for the Sydney Easter Show?
- Celebrating World Science in Brisbane
- Prepare Your Senses for Taste of Sydney
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Finding the Perfect Wedding Accommodation in Sydney
- The Best Beaches near Brisbane
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Planning Your Easter Holiday Adventure
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips