- Gold coast
Some Fun Things to Do Over the Holidays on the Gold Coast
Back to blog homepageJanuary 14th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
It is easy to see why the Gold Coast are still one of Australia’s favourite holiday destinations. In addition to some of the world’s best beaches, the region contains a wide variety of activities for the entire family.
Some great family activities on the Gold Coast for the Holidays include:
- Great Australian cuisine. There are several great restaurants featuring traditional Aussie food, such as garlic prawns and steaks, in the area. Recommended favourites include the Mustering Yard in Jimbooba, the Railway Hotel in Beaudesert, and Café 17 in Boonah (best pizza on the Gold Coast).
- Take a hike to Condamine Gorge. Although it’s only accessible when the weather is dry, the trip is well worth it. Reach it by taking Rathdowny Road to Carney’s Creek Road from Boonah.
- Bribie Island. This beach has really great swimming all around, and some of the best safe swimming for kids. Best of all, it’s right off the Bruce Highway at Caboolture.
These are just a few of the fun activities that can be enjoyed on the Gold Coast.
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation
- Your Relaxing Sydney Long Weekend, Sorted
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Opening Soon
- 48 Hours on the Gold Coast: An Activity Guide
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Book a Serviced Apartment Over a Hotel
- Meriton Maintaining Standards
- A Stress-Free Guide to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast
- A Guide to Brisbane’s Best Architecture
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips