- Gold coast
Some Fun Things to Do Over the Holidays on the Gold Coast
Back to blog homepageJanuary 14th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
It is easy to see why the Gold Coast are still one of Australia’s favourite holiday destinations. In addition to some of the world’s best beaches, the region contains a wide variety of activities for the entire family.
Some great family activities on the Gold Coast for the Holidays include:
- Great Australian cuisine. There are several great restaurants featuring traditional Aussie food, such as garlic prawns and steaks, in the area. Recommended favourites include the Mustering Yard in Jimbooba, the Railway Hotel in Beaudesert, and Café 17 in Boonah (best pizza on the Gold Coast).
- Take a hike to Condamine Gorge. Although it’s only accessible when the weather is dry, the trip is well worth it. Reach it by taking Rathdowny Road to Carney’s Creek Road from Boonah.
- Bribie Island. This beach has really great swimming all around, and some of the best safe swimming for kids. Best of all, it’s right off the Bruce Highway at Caboolture.
These are just a few of the fun activities that can be enjoyed on the Gold Coast.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips