- Gold coast
Sydney Opera House Still Internationally Relevant at 40
Back to blog homepageDecember 16th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney’s iconic Opera House celebrates its 40th anniversary with the knowledge that it is viewed more highly as a brand than Australia itself.
Deloitte said that the Sydney Opera House is the main reason for visiting Sydney for tourists from New Zealand, China, the US and UK.
According to travelweekly.com.au, performances at the Opera House are valued at a staggering 38% more than the ticket price due to the experience offered there.
Young and Rubicam’s Brand Asset Valuator acknowledged the strength of the Opera House brand. Last year, $640 million was spent by tourists in Sydney thanks to the Opera House. It also has a role to play in supporting the national economy, with an annual contribution of $775m.
The Opera House is also looking forward, with its finger firmly on the digital pulse. It currently has a digital reach of 128 million, primarily via Facebook, and last year 4.2 million people watched Sydney Opera House performances online. The Opera House also has its own digital channel.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips