- Gold coast
Sydney Opera House Still Internationally Relevant at 40
Back to blog homepageDecember 16th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney’s iconic Opera House celebrates its 40th anniversary with the knowledge that it is viewed more highly as a brand than Australia itself.
Deloitte said that the Sydney Opera House is the main reason for visiting Sydney for tourists from New Zealand, China, the US and UK.
According to travelweekly.com.au, performances at the Opera House are valued at a staggering 38% more than the ticket price due to the experience offered there.
Young and Rubicam’s Brand Asset Valuator acknowledged the strength of the Opera House brand. Last year, $640 million was spent by tourists in Sydney thanks to the Opera House. It also has a role to play in supporting the national economy, with an annual contribution of $775m.
The Opera House is also looking forward, with its finger firmly on the digital pulse. It currently has a digital reach of 128 million, primarily via Facebook, and last year 4.2 million people watched Sydney Opera House performances online. The Opera House also has its own digital channel.
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation
- Your Relaxing Sydney Long Weekend, Sorted
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Opening Soon
- 48 Hours on the Gold Coast: An Activity Guide
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Book a Serviced Apartment Over a Hotel
- Meriton Maintaining Standards
- A Stress-Free Guide to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast
- A Guide to Brisbane’s Best Architecture
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips