- Gold coast
Sydney Opera House Still Internationally Relevant at 40
Back to blog homepageDecember 16th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney’s iconic Opera House celebrates its 40th anniversary with the knowledge that it is viewed more highly as a brand than Australia itself.
Deloitte said that the Sydney Opera House is the main reason for visiting Sydney for tourists from New Zealand, China, the US and UK.
According to travelweekly.com.au, performances at the Opera House are valued at a staggering 38% more than the ticket price due to the experience offered there.
Young and Rubicam’s Brand Asset Valuator acknowledged the strength of the Opera House brand. Last year, $640 million was spent by tourists in Sydney thanks to the Opera House. It also has a role to play in supporting the national economy, with an annual contribution of $775m.
The Opera House is also looking forward, with its finger firmly on the digital pulse. It currently has a digital reach of 128 million, primarily via Facebook, and last year 4.2 million people watched Sydney Opera House performances online. The Opera House also has its own digital channel.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips