- Gold coast
Sydney’s Best Winter Pubs
Back to blog homepageJune 28th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
So it may not read zero on the mercury, but a Sydney’s winter day is still nippy enough to retreat to a cozy pub. Here are some of The Urban List’s top picks:
- The Lord Dudley, Woollahra: Always top of Sydney’s winter pub list, this is the place to take your red wine and nestle into the Chesterfield, fireside.
- The Four-in-Hand, Paddington: A great kitchen serves up some of the best pub fare in town. Think beef brisket and mushroom pie.
- The Exchange, Balmain: Old trimmings like a $20 Sunday roast combine with new, like plasma sports screens, at this perennial favourite.
- The Tilbury, Woolloomooloo: A great wine list and a winter menu featuring braised oxtail ragout on gnocchi make this a warm winter bolt-hole.
- The Local Taphouse, Darlinghurst: Downstairs is as cosy as a library with vintage sofas and birdcages – it even has books.
- The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel, The Rocks: Sydney’s oldest pub has a fireplace, meatballs, and its own beer brewed on site.
- The Cricketers Arms, Surry Hills: Another pub with a great kitchen turning out winter fare like lamb shanks, and a roaring fire.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips