- Gold coast
Sydney’s Hippest Area
Back to blog homepageNovember 12th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney’s George St spans several kilometres, from The Rocks to Central Station. It’s fast making a name for itself as the place to be both weekdays and weekends, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
From the birdcages of Angel Place to the Strand shopping mall, George St is packed with sights and sounds. It’s also heavy on choice when it comes to eating. For a snack or sweet treat, Lorraine’s Patisserie is making its presence felt in tiny Palings Lane. For a meal, options include another new arrival, Mr Wong, or the more established Neil Perry’s Rockpool. Est, located within The Establishment, offers Australian fare, whilst The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room does drinks and dinner.
For more drinking opportunities, head for Palmer & Co. Just off George St, this Prohibition Era bar is found underground on Abercrombie Lane.
The best of George St’s shopping is in the beautiful Strand mall, built in 1891 and home to an array of small shops and cafés.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips