- Gold coast
Sydney’s Hippest Area
Back to blog homepageNovember 12th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney’s George St spans several kilometres, from The Rocks to Central Station. It’s fast making a name for itself as the place to be both weekdays and weekends, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
From the birdcages of Angel Place to the Strand shopping mall, George St is packed with sights and sounds. It’s also heavy on choice when it comes to eating. For a snack or sweet treat, Lorraine’s Patisserie is making its presence felt in tiny Palings Lane. For a meal, options include another new arrival, Mr Wong, or the more established Neil Perry’s Rockpool. Est, located within The Establishment, offers Australian fare, whilst The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room does drinks and dinner.
For more drinking opportunities, head for Palmer & Co. Just off George St, this Prohibition Era bar is found underground on Abercrombie Lane.
The best of George St’s shopping is in the beautiful Strand mall, built in 1891 and home to an array of small shops and cafés.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips