- Gold coast
Sydney’s Hippest Area
Back to blog homepageNovember 12th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Sydney’s George St spans several kilometres, from The Rocks to Central Station. It’s fast making a name for itself as the place to be both weekdays and weekends, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.
From the birdcages of Angel Place to the Strand shopping mall, George St is packed with sights and sounds. It’s also heavy on choice when it comes to eating. For a snack or sweet treat, Lorraine’s Patisserie is making its presence felt in tiny Palings Lane. For a meal, options include another new arrival, Mr Wong, or the more established Neil Perry’s Rockpool. Est, located within The Establishment, offers Australian fare, whilst The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room does drinks and dinner.
For more drinking opportunities, head for Palmer & Co. Just off George St, this Prohibition Era bar is found underground on Abercrombie Lane.
The best of George St’s shopping is in the beautiful Strand mall, built in 1891 and home to an array of small shops and cafés.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips