- Gold coast
The Best Ways to Pack a Suitcase
Back to blog homepageDecember 14th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Pack smartly for your trip with these top tips from Travel + Leisure:
- Minimise wrinkling and maximise space by folding clothes in half before rolling them up.
- Business travellers with suits and shirts to transport should place a layer of tissue paper between each item of folded clothing.
- Try leaving clothes on hangers to make unpacking at your destination quick and easy.
- Bulky items can be sucked down to size with a compression bag – use a vacuum to remove air from the bag after filling to save a huge amount of space.
- Removable inner pockets will keep all your small items together and help with organisation and unpacking at the other end.
Travel + Leisure offers several tips for packing shoes:
- A shoe bag is the cleanest option
- If you don’t have a shoe bag, keep soles away from clothes – place shoes with the soles facing up, on top of clothes.
- Maximise space by stuffing shoes into gaps round the outside of your clothes and in the corners of cases.
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Vivid Sydney Accommodation
- Your Relaxing Sydney Long Weekend, Sorted
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Opening Soon
- 48 Hours on the Gold Coast: An Activity Guide
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Book a Serviced Apartment Over a Hotel
- Meriton Maintaining Standards
- A Stress-Free Guide to Dreamworld on the Gold Coast
- A Guide to Brisbane’s Best Architecture
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Sydney’s Top 7 Restaurants You Must Visit
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips