- Gold coast
The Cost of a First Class Seat to the Airline
Back to blog homepageDecember 15th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
The two ends of a commercial plane could hardly be more different in aim and design. Economy passengers must sit in close proximity in order to fit more people in the plane. Business and first class passengers, however, are given room to lie down and may not even see their travelling neighbour from their luxurious spot.
First class and business travel comes at a price, of course. But it also costs a lot to make the seat in the first place, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. A New York Times report puts the cost of building a business class seat at around $32,500 to $87,000. In first class, that figure skyrockets to more than half a million dollars.
But these seats do need to stand up to wear, tear and near-continuous use for several years, all whilst being lightweight, adhering to safety regulations and incorporating all manner of functions to satisfy passengers’ needs.
And when luxury is the name of the game, airlines are prepared to spend to give the highest paying customers everything they need for a top-dollar in-flight experience.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips