- Gold coast
The Most Incredible City Hikes From Around the World
Back to blog homepageDecember 20th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
While the concept of hiking may call to mind off-road journeys far from any urban landscape, this is not always the case. Some of the most beautiful, inspirational, and enjoyable hikes in the world can be found near the world’s most exciting cities.
Tijuca Forest is located in the heart of Rio de Janeiro. Not many cities can lay claim to having a forest within its borders. The winding trails allow travellers to explore waterfalls, tall peaks, and the dense jungle of Brazil.
Sydney is Australia’s largest city, and it is also known around the world for its spectacular coastline. The seaside metropolis sprawls 94 kilometres along the coast, providing a week’s worth of hiking with its Great Coastal Walk.
London features the Thames Path which takes hikers through some of the city’s most historic and iconic locations and Cape Town, South Africa delights rugged hikers with the Hoerikwaggo Trail.
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips