- Gold coast
The Most Incredible City Hikes From Around the World
Back to blog homepageDecember 20th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
While the concept of hiking may call to mind off-road journeys far from any urban landscape, this is not always the case. Some of the most beautiful, inspirational, and enjoyable hikes in the world can be found near the world’s most exciting cities.
Tijuca Forest is located in the heart of Rio de Janeiro. Not many cities can lay claim to having a forest within its borders. The winding trails allow travellers to explore waterfalls, tall peaks, and the dense jungle of Brazil.
Sydney is Australia’s largest city, and it is also known around the world for its spectacular coastline. The seaside metropolis sprawls 94 kilometres along the coast, providing a week’s worth of hiking with its Great Coastal Walk.
London features the Thames Path which takes hikers through some of the city’s most historic and iconic locations and Cape Town, South Africa delights rugged hikers with the Hoerikwaggo Trail.
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 10 Awesome Halloween Events on the Gold Coast
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spring Racing Carnival 2014: the Fashion, the Flair, and the Fun
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips