- Gold coast
Theme Parks Join Forces to Sell Sunny Gold Coast
Back to blog homepageNovember 7th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
The Gold Coast is renowned for its many theme parks and other tourist attractions. A new campaign sees all the main parks come together to entice visitors to the Gold Coast for a fun-packed holiday.
Movie World, SeaWorld, White Water World, Dreamworld and Wet ‘n’ Wild have joined forces for a major promotion, which tourism bosses hope will have the same impact as in the United States. In Orlando, Disney and Universal use their twin attractions to bring visitors to the area. Now, the Gold Coast’s major players plan to achieve the same result in Australia.
The new campaign will cost $15 million and is designed to promote the Glitter Strip to potential visitors from Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart and New Zealand.
According to the Brisbane Times, the campaign is well-timed as the Gold Coast is currently experiencing a raft of poor publicity. However, Premier Campbell Newman said that the promotion is not designed to detract from recent events, but has been planned for some time.
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips