- Gold coast
Tips for Travelling as a Family for the First Time
Back to blog homepageDecember 19th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Travelling as an individual or as a couple is a different proposition than travelling as a family.
The first journey together outside of the comfortable boundaries of home can be fraught with worry, but there are things travellers can do to ease the stresses ahead of time. Here are a few tips from Lonely Planet to help you make the experience run smoothly.
Choosing a destination that appeals to and entertains every member of the family is perhaps the most important step travel planners should keep in mind—and this includes the planner themselves. There are a multitude of family friendly destinations. Parents needn’t be sentenced to long lines and nauseating roller coasters if they don’t enjoy amusement parks and children needn’t be bored to tears by museum lectures.
Choose a city or region that offers a variety of activities, and be flexible in planning the itinerary. Changing a few plans is far preferable to soldiering through a day no one really enjoys. Finally, choose lodgings that will be both welcoming and comfortable for the entire family.
- The Best Accommodation Spots for Vivid Sydney 2017
- New Zealand, Take Advantage of Cheap Flights to Sydney
- Your Guide to Gold Coast Surfing Spots
- Catch These Bright Sparks at Vivid Sydney 2017
- Adjusting from New Zealand to the Sunny Gold Coast
- Are You Ready for the Sydney Easter Show?
- Celebrating World Science in Brisbane
- Prepare Your Senses for Taste of Sydney
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Planning Your Easter Holiday Adventure
- Spoil Someone Special
- A Guide to the 2016 Sydney Royal Easter Show
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips