- Gold coast
Tips for Travelling as a Family for the First Time
Back to blog homepageDecember 19th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Travelling as an individual or as a couple is a different proposition than travelling as a family.
The first journey together outside of the comfortable boundaries of home can be fraught with worry, but there are things travellers can do to ease the stresses ahead of time. Here are a few tips from Lonely Planet to help you make the experience run smoothly.
Choosing a destination that appeals to and entertains every member of the family is perhaps the most important step travel planners should keep in mind—and this includes the planner themselves. There are a multitude of family friendly destinations. Parents needn’t be sentenced to long lines and nauseating roller coasters if they don’t enjoy amusement parks and children needn’t be bored to tears by museum lectures.
Choose a city or region that offers a variety of activities, and be flexible in planning the itinerary. Changing a few plans is far preferable to soldiering through a day no one really enjoys. Finally, choose lodgings that will be both welcoming and comfortable for the entire family.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips