- Gold coast
Visitor Figures up for Queensland
Back to blog homepageDecember 23rd, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Queensland tourism is finally on the up, according to the Brisbane Times.
Tourism has slumped over the last five years in the Sunshine State, says the Brisbane Times. This has been due to competition from Asia, which has been offering cheaper holidays.
Now, however, Tourism and Events Queensland has announced that Queensland welcomed an extra 400,000 visitors last year (July 2011-June 2012) compared with the year before.
The figures also showed that increased tourism is coming from both interstate and international travellers. According to Queensland Tourism Industry Council chairman Shane O’Reilly, fewer people are choosing to travel overseas for their holidays, accounting for the rise in interstate visitors. The international figure was boosted by Chinese tourists.
Visitors are also booking longer holidays in Queensland now, with the average stay being 7.4 days, up more than a day from 6.2 days in 2010-11. The Gold Coast, traditionally the hub of tourism in Queensland, experienced the greatest boost to numbers, with a 12% increase in visitors.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips