- Gold coast
What to do in Sydney over the Summer
Back to blog homepageDecember 3rd, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Summer in Sydney means school holidays, Christmas, festivals and lots of sun.
At this time of year, prices are higher than normal, so try to plan and book ahead. The school holidays mean that popular spots such as theme parks, resorts and beaches are likely to be packed with people, according to GoAustralia.
With average daily temperatures of 26°C, you will need to pack accordingly. Even at night, temperatures can be a warm 19°C.
Activities to enjoy in the summer include walking around areas such as the Royal Botanic Gardens, The Rocks, Hyde Park and the iconic Sydney Opera House. The high temperatures can mean an increased risk of bushfires, so be mindful if out walking in the bush and check for warnings before you set out.
It’s also a great time to try beach activities, for example surfing, or just spend time on the beautiful beaches without doing anything. Summer is a prime time for annual events in Sydney. Some of the festivals and events taking place during the summer months include the Sydney Festival, Sydney Fringe Festival and the Great Ferry Race.
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- Spoil Someone Special
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- World Heritage Sites in Australia & New Zealand
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips