- Gold coast
What to do with just 24 hours in Brisbane
Back to blog homepageMay 15th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
Are you planning to do Brisbane in a day? Here’s what you need to know and where to go, according to Go Australia:
- Unlike cities such as Sydney, Brisbane lends itself to getting around by car.
- A map of the city will help you find your way around as well as being useful should you get lost . You can pick one up at the Visitor Information Centre at South Bank.
- If you love galleries, start early and take a quick stroll around the Queensland Art Gallery in Brisbane. The Queensland Museum is also well worth a visit.
- Across the road is another culture hit – the Queensland Performing Arts Complex, where you’ll find the city’s Concert Hall and two theatres.
- Next, head to the beautiful Brisbane Botanic Gardens in the afternoon. As these are located on Mount Coot-tha you can see a wonderful view of Brisbane from the top.
- Drive over to Wickham St in fortitude Valley to see the Old Windmill and Observatory.
- Finally, combine your evening meal with a ride down Brisbane River by choosing a dinner cruise. But don’t leave it too late for dinner – in Brisbane, the restaurants can close as early as 10pm.
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Fresh Ideas for your Brisbane Stay
- What to do in Sydney During The October Long Weekend
- Launch Promotion! 4 Brand New Properties On Sale in September!
- Find Your Style in Sydney
- Finding the Gold Coast’s Best Live Music
- Getting Sporty in Sydney
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- Spoil Someone Special
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips