- Gold coast
World’s Best Airport Announced
Back to blog homepageDecember 18th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Skytrax has announced this year’s airport champions in the annual World Airport Awards.
The accolade of best Australian airport has been awarded to Brisbane, according to ausbt.com.au. The Australian airport rankings continued with Melbourne being awarded second place, then Sydney, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Perth respectively.
Worldwide, Singapore’s Changi Airport rose one place from last year’s rankings to take the top prize in 2013. Seoul’s Incheon International Airport, last year’s winner, had to be content with second place this time round.
The best European airport for 2013 has been named as Schipol Airport in Amsterdam. Schipol Airport also leapfrogged the acclaimed Hong Kong International Airport in the global rankings.
The category of world’s best airport hotel was won by the Regal Airport Hotel in Hong Kong, which has taken the top spot for three years in a row now. Silver and bronze went to Langham Place Beijing Airport and Doha’s Oryx Rotana respectively. The full rundown can be found at worldairportawards.com.
- How to Make the Most of a Winter’s Day in Sydney
- Where to Find Your next Feast on the Gold Coast
- Here’s Where to Watch The Wallabies vs. England
- Win Samsonite Luggage – Our Instagram Competition Starts TODAY!
- In Sydney During Vivid? Here’s How to Make the Most of Every Second
- The Secret to Finding the Best Brunch in Sydney
- Your Guide to the Best Coffee in Brisbane
- The Perfect Events for You at Vivid Sydney 2016
- Five Ideas for a Great Night out on the Gold Coast
- Don’t Leave Brisbane Without Having These Top 6 Experiences
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Spoil Someone Special
- Meriton Buys Prime Dee Why Site
- 14 Things for Travellers to Do in Brisbane on Christmas Day
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- How to Eat Like a MasterChef in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips