Mr Harry Triguboff A.O. PhD (Hon) Hu
Chairman & Managing Director
The Meriton Group
Harry Triguboff AO, founder of Meriton Serviced Apartments, is the managing director of Meriton Group and a billionaire property entrepreneur, ranked 3rd on the 2015 BRW Rich List.
Well known for his significant philanthropic interests and passion for tourism growth, Triguboff launched Meriton Serviced Apartments (MSA) in 2003 after spotting a gap in the market for luxury, self-contained apartment accommodation. Today, Meriton Serviced Apartments offers more than 3,200 apartments in 14 locations nationwide, with five more on the way.
Encompassing some of the highest accommodation in Sydney (World Tower) and Brisbane (Adelaide Street and Herschel Street), Meriton Serviced Apartments promises the stay of a lifetime with unparalleled panoramic views, a luxury Penthouse Collection and an array of five-star facilities including heated indoor lap pools, gymnasiums, saunas and spa baths.
On average, Meriton has added one serviced apartment property to its portfolio every year. This amazing evolution is largely due to Meriton's dedication to quality and high levels of consistency together with commitment to build contemporary architectural icons that form the award-winning MSA portfolio.
This successful combination has delivered a much needed fresh addition to the Australian hotel accommodation industry.
Harry Triguboff has received two honourary doctorates and the following honours and awards:
- Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in 1990
- Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) in 1999
- Property Person of the Year by Urban Taskforce, 2003 & 2009 - The first person to receive this award twice
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, 2008
- Honourary doctorate from Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2008
- Winner of the Gold Harold Award in the Humanitarian Category, 2011
- Honourary doctorate from Griffith University of Queensland, 2012
- Housing Industry Association (HIA) life Membership, 2013
- UDIA Allen Vogan Distinguished Serviced Award, 2015
- Inductee to the Australian Property Hall of Fame, Awarded by the Property Council of Australia, 2015
Harry Triguboff has proudly established Meriton as Australia’s leading residential property developer; a brand synonymous with superior quality and value.