Mr Harry Triguboff A.O. PhD (Hon) Hu
Chairman & Managing Director
The Meriton Group
Harry Triguboff is well known for his significant philanthropic interests and passion for tourism growth.
Meriton Apartments was founded in 1963 when Harry Triguboff built his first block of units in the Sydney suburb of Tempe, with just a small block of eight apartments.
From those early days and under his guidance, Meriton has grown to become Australia’s largest apartment builder. Today the name Meriton is synonymous with residential apartment developments. In fact, more people have purchased apartments from Meriton, than any other developer in Australia.
10 years ago, Meriton identified an opportunity in the market for luxury, self-contained apartment sized hotel style accommodation. Bringing together industry experts and experience from some of the world’s leading hotel groups, he forged a new brand that is Meriton Serviced Apartments (MSA).
Starting with just 25 apartments in Bondi Junction, the brand has grown to a staggering 3,200 apartments across 13 locations. This amazing growth is largely due to Meriton’s dedication to quality and high levels of consistency together with commitment to build brand new, iconic masterpieces that now form the MSA portfolio.
This successful combination has delivered a much needed fresh addition to the Australian hotel accommodation industry.
Harry Triguboff has received two honourary doctorates and the following honours and awards:
- Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in 1990
- Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) in 1999
- Property Person of the Year by Urban Taskforce, 2003 & 2009 - The first person to receive this award twice
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, 2008
- Honourary doctorate from Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2008
- Winner of the Gold Harold Award in the Humanitarian Category, 2011
- Honourary doctorate from Griffith University of Queensland, 2012
Harry Triguboff has proudly established Meriton as Australia’s leading residential property developer; a brand synonymous with superior quality and value.