- Gold coast
How Brisbane has Rebuilt Itself
Back to blog homepageDecember 11th, 2013 | Meriton Apartments
Brisbane was once used primarily by travellers who needed its airport to get to somewhere else. Now it has become a destination in its own right.
Brisbane’s South Bank has been the focus of a huge regeneration project that has seen the city gain its own identity with a diverse range of attractions for tourists and locals alike.
The waterfront is lush, low rise and full of surprises: picnic sites, stages and even a man-made beach. Around this most social of spaces is a wealth of cultural buildings: art galleries, a maritime museum and the state library.
To get around Brisbane, the council runs a free ferry service as well as a bike hire scheme.
The new Brisbane is an ideal destination for a girls’ weekend, says the New Zealand Herald. It also recommends the Virtual Reef at Queensland University of Technology as an essential experience. It’s worth checking out the Flood Wall too, which illustrates the events of 2011 and shows just how the city’s residents rallied to get their beloved Brisbane back up and running following the devastating floods.
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Finding the Perfect Wedding Accommodation in Sydney
- The Best Beaches near Brisbane
- How to See Sydney Like a Local
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Top 5 Things to Do During Your Sydney Layover
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips