- Gold coast
Sydney’s Best Winter Pubs
Back to blog homepageJune 28th, 2014 | Meriton Apartments
So it may not read zero on the mercury, but a Sydney’s winter day is still nippy enough to retreat to a cozy pub. Here are some of The Urban List’s top picks:
- The Lord Dudley, Woollahra: Always top of Sydney’s winter pub list, this is the place to take your red wine and nestle into the Chesterfield, fireside.
- The Four-in-Hand, Paddington: A great kitchen serves up some of the best pub fare in town. Think beef brisket and mushroom pie.
- The Exchange, Balmain: Old trimmings like a $20 Sunday roast combine with new, like plasma sports screens, at this perennial favourite.
- The Tilbury, Woolloomooloo: A great wine list and a winter menu featuring braised oxtail ragout on gnocchi make this a warm winter bolt-hole.
- The Local Taphouse, Darlinghurst: Downstairs is as cosy as a library with vintage sofas and birdcages – it even has books.
- The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel, The Rocks: Sydney’s oldest pub has a fireplace, meatballs, and its own beer brewed on site.
- The Cricketers Arms, Surry Hills: Another pub with a great kitchen turning out winter fare like lamb shanks, and a roaring fire.
- 5 Reasons to Book a Serviced Apartment in Sydney
- The Ultimate Couple’s Getaway in Brisbane
- How to Jam-Pack a Weekend on the Gold Coast
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Brisbane
- Meriton Serviced Apartments
- Finding the Perfect Wedding Accommodation in Sydney
- The Best Beaches near Brisbane
- How to See Sydney Like a Local
- The 24-Hour Gold Coast Christmas Shopping Guide
- Top Restaurants Near Meriton Serviced Apartments Parramatta
- Baggage Allowance Guide for EVERY International Airline
- What Americans Really Think of Australia
- 11 Picturesque Beaches Just a Stone’s Throw From Brisbane
- Most Unusual Restaurants in Sydney
- A Guide to Road Tripping from Sydney to Byron Bay
- The Top 15 Beaches on the Gold Coast
- Spoil Someone Special
- Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Scene: Where’s Best and When Should You Go?
- The Life and Legacy of Famed Architect Harry Seidler
- The Top 5 Most Exclusive Places to Get A Drink in Sydney
- Advantages of Serviced Apartments
- Aussie Culinary Scene
- Brisbane Special Events
- Business Travel Tips
- Corporate Travel in Australia
- Gold Coast Special Events
- Holiday Accommodation Ideas
- Press Releases
- Queensland Travel Tips
- Romantic Getaways
- Serviced Apartments
- Short Stays
- Special Events
- Sydney Special Events
- Travel Tips